I’ve been pretty good about the last couple of weeks…projects for Laurel Haven have been running smoothly and I had given myself an unofficial goal of having a new project done by each Thursday to begin linking up to all the fun linky-parties.
Well, we’re in Easter season. If you didn’t read what that means around here, you can read all about it here. So, I haven’t had a lot of time to work on Laurel Haven. I have several half-finished projects that I will hopefully finish in the next couple of weeks.
Then, I realize that Easter is next week and we’re having dinner over here and my house is a complete wreck. No, seriously, one of the worst shapes it’s ever been. We’ve been so busy and when we’re home we’re tired and just want to hang out together. The last thing we want to do is organize rooms, pick up toys and clothes or clean out the storage room. Or the garage. My list of to-dos is long. I’m keeping up with laundry and dishes and I do my best to have the main living areas, well, livable.
My dining room…has had picture frames (that workers took down) laying against the walls since we came home from the hotel. We cleared out the room (minus the frames) so I can do photo shoots of Laurel Haven projects. Well, the dining set moved in last week. Then, I decided to sell a bunch of baby clothes on craigslist. So, I organized them on the table. It looks like a garage sale. When one woman came to look at clothes she actually asked me if we were moving in or out. Yep, it’s that bad.
That’s not to mention the half-paint job that still exists from our mold/hotel/ceiling craziness.
So, I decided to start. I knew I wanted to clear out the dining room before Easter. In order to do that, I needed to finish the paint job in the entry way so I could hang the pictures that belong there.
I did take before pictures of the wall, but they disappeared from my camera (see? I AM losing my mind). The walls used to be kind of a mustardy-yellowy-gold. They are now a nice neutral (Whole Wheat from Sherwin Williams). It took me two nap-times and one after-bed-time to paint.
I measured the wall and cut strings of yarn accordingly. I laid them on my floor and assembled the frames inside the way I wanted them to look on the wall. I thought I was doing well to even do this much…I’m kind of a get-it-done-quick-without-any-measuring type of girl. And I was doing this the day my hubby left for a trip and the kids are home on spring break.
Then, I hung my pictures. Lots of family pictures and some random art. And our “Scripture” art. When you’re a pastor, people like to give you Scripture art. I don’t mind, though, and I thought this would be a neat way to display them.
The kids actually did fine while I worked. Emma helped with the littles and Caleb helped me by handing me nails and the hammer.
Unfortunately, I’m sloppy so several of the frames fell while I was hammering. Broken glass. Yuck.
But, here’s how it turned out.
Please don’t take note of the *lovely* brass light fixture. I have plans.