I started with this mirror.
It was supposed to attach to the back of a dresser, but I felt that they were destined to be separated…
I removed the attachment pieces. And then began to remove the mirror. It was attached with staples, so I “simply” removed them. They were stuck so far down in the wood that it was shredding as I removed the staples. Grrr.
So, I decided to cheat and only remove half the staples. I was able to then slide the mirror out easily.
I painted and distressed the frame and then primed the mirror. I painted it with chalkboard paint and was so pleased with the result!
Then, as I was *sliding* it back into the frame, I scraped the front of it, removing some of the paint! Double grrr.
I was so frustrated that I set it aside and ignored it for a week. Yes, I admit it. I fight with my pieces sometimes.
We are finally back on speaking terms today, so I removed the entire back, painted it again and then reassembled it.
Here is the result…
(the writing is photobucket-ed on there, since the paint needs a few days to set)
Yes, it took me a week to complete. Oh well. I am so pleased with it now!
All the details are here.