A few weeks ago, we had some friends visiting from out of town. They came to bring their daughter to the New Life School of Worship.
While they were here, they found this dresser.
They thought it might have potential for their daughter’s apartment. I agreed! Then, I made a silly mistake. I knew they were leaving the next day so I said “I think I can finish it tonight so you can see it before you leave.”
What was I thinking? Well, I have not had a ton of experience stripping paint. I just had no idea how much work it was going to be. It had 3 coats of oil-based paint on it, plus the original stain underneath.
Needless to say, I didn’t finish it that night! Thankfully they were very patient with me and didn’t fault me for my over-promise. My “team” (that would be me, my husband and my mom) worked on it for 3 days and finally got it down to the bare wood. It looked like a new dresser!
I put a coat of stain on and let it sit for a day. Then, the next morning, I fell off a horse
. I was on my back for 3 days. Then we went to the retreat
. Then we went to Austin
. So, finally this week I got her done. And here she is!
I didn’t forget the hardware…my client is going to install some antique pulls herself
The transformation is so stunning (if I do say so myself)! I just can’t believe what she came from!
Once again, the before
And the after!
Show and Share Day
Home and Family Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Fresh Coat Friday
Style Feature Saturday
Weekend Wrap Up Party
Make It For Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Show Off Sunday Party
Motivate Me Monday
Piece of Work Wednesday
Everything but the Kitchen Sink